Friday, December 12, 2008

Upcoming Meeting- Thursday at 7am!

The next regular meeting of Sustainable Glasgow will be Thursday, December 18th at 7am in the vacant space below Alexander Law Office on the square.  Continental breakfast will be provided.

The tentative agenda is as follows:

1.  Minutes of Previous Meeting

2. Legal Matters- John Rogers/Lauren Ray
Presentation of by-laws (to be approved)
Process for electing officers

3.  Logo Discussion- David Downing

4.  Operations- Lauren Ray
How Can Glasgow Help?
IDEA Perspective- Dan Iacconi
City of Glasgow Perspective- Mayor Pickett
Barren County Fiscal Court- Judge Greer
Other Local Initiatives- David Downing, others

5.  Next Steps
Discussion of membership fee/benefits
Contribution levels/benefits
Establish criteria for being a "local" business

6.  Technology Demonstration
Twitter
Basics of Blogging

7.  Adjourn


And in case you are wondering who I am and why I am posting on this blog...
I am Lauren Ray and am originally from Glasgow.  I graduated from WKU in 2006 and then ventured off to Charleston, SC where I worked in real estate for a little over two years.  I have just returned to Glasgow on my way to Nashville and am very interested in helping the members of Sustainable Glasgow achieve a local, sustainable economy in the Glasgow/Barren County area.  I would love to hear any of the ideas and/or suggestions you have for the group.  You can always leave comments on the blog or you can reach me at laurenblairray@gmail.com

Hope to see you all at the meeting on Thursday!

 

 

No comments: