Thursday, May 7, 2009

UPDATE on Home Based Processing Certification

GOOD NEWS!  I just spoke with the KY Department for Public Health regarding the Home Based Processor certificate and they gave me these simple instructions:
If you are interested in selling baked goods or canned goods at the market, call the Department for Public Health at (502) 564-7181.  They will send you a packet in the mail to fill out and return and then they will, in turn, mail you a certificate for home processing.  NO CLASS REQUIRED.  If you are interested in sampling, please still attend the class on Tuesday, May 12 at the Ag Extension office.

I apologize for the confusion.  Again, call if you have any questions. 270.361.2888


Billy Ray said...

Lauren, thanks for your hard work today in getting to the bottom of this. Helping others help themselves is much harder than it ought to be.

Mary said...

Thank you! I was planning to come for the home processing certification, but am quite happy to get to handle it this way instead!