Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Eat Local - Prevent Kidney Stones!

For the last couple of weeks I have been nursing a kidney stone. Really, I don't actually intend to nurse it, I want it to go, but so far it is hanging with me. Like everyone who has developed one, I spend a lot of time now wondering what went wrong with my diet to cause me this malady. When I read this article in today's New York Times, I was first surprised that this ailment is now spreading rapidly in children, then amazed that, once again, the likely cause is salt and the processed globalized foods that pack so much of it.

It seems no matter where you look, you find more evidence that local food and localism are keys to our personal and economic health. Click on the link identified by the red text above and read this really good article.

No comments: