Friday, September 26, 2008

Mission Statement

One of the things we agreed upon last night was for us all to jointly craft a mission statement via this website. So, here goes my first shot at getting the conversation going. This is largely plaigerized from another web site, but it certainly seems to touch everything I have in mind...so, how do you like this:

Sustainable Glasgow is dedicated to contributing to the development of the theory and practice of sustainable living in the Barren County area. We seek to provide the ideas, information, education, infrastructure, and political will, that inspires and facilitates community members to bring about systemic changes in all of our institutions that are necessary to create a sustainable economy for the region surrounding Glasgow, Kentucky.

3 comments:

Rhonda Trautman said...

Billy,
I like your first draft however should we insert the word "local" in there somewhere to convey the premise underlying a sustainable economy?

Billy Ray said...

I am totally open to changes, but doesn't the fact that we stipulate what we are doing in Glasgow and Barren County make it "local" already?

Billy Ray said...

Since I am seeing no new comments or suggestions other than Rhonda's, I have tweaked the statement just a little bit and am preparing to submit it to John Rogers. Speak up and let me know what you think!